Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Driving in India

Oh my goodness!!! Driving in India is almost like a death wish. There is no way I could possibly even dream of being comfortable driving. It is definitely a talent. The drivers are constantly honking at each other as if they are actually communicating. I have tried to catch some sort of pattern. like what does the long, constant honk mean versus the multiplte, short honks one after another. In the end, I think it all means the same thing... watch out for my car. Honestly, I think I am going to die everyday. There is no obedience of the lines painted on the road indicating the distinct lanes. Haha, but it definetely makes us laugh. It is almost better not to watch. Taxis, buses, motorcycles always seem to just barely miss you! Driving at night is even worse. Somehow the roads become even more chaotic. Instead of using the horn, they now only use their lights. It was probably the sacariest experience driving from Jaipur to Agra and night as well as Chennai to Vellore at night. But, I am alive still!!!

No comments: