Thursday, April 10, 2008

I am a tourist

Yesterday was my first official adventure as a tourist. A few of us went and visited Vellore Fort yesterday after work. It was absolutely amazing! Inside of the fort walls was a Hindu temple. First, we were asked to remove our shoes and leave them with some attendants, which was actually hard for me to accept because I have read stories of people getting their shoes stolen at temples. This would have been most inconvenient because I still have not received my luggage. As we entered I think we were all in awe. There was such detail engraved on the temple. Absolutely amazing! We heard drums and a prayer in progress, so we began to walk around the temple, but we were stopped by a temple attendant. Apparently, we were walking the wrong way. We felt to bad, but then continued in the correct direction. I am not Hindu, but have incredible respect for all religions. As a prayer continued, I was watching the people. There was such passion that as an observer I couldn't help but feel it as well. It was then that it finally sunk in... I am in India!!!

No comments: